San Antonio Annulment Attorney
Annulment is the formal process of canceling or voiding a marriage due to some form of trick, deception or religious reason. Unlike in a divorce where the marriage is recognized and then terminated, annulling a marriage is like saying it never happened.
Marriages must meet strict guidelines to be eligible for annulment, and as a result, few cases qualify for this proceeding. A skilled lawyer can help you determine whether an annulment is possible in your situation.
To discuss your case with an experienced San Antonio annulment lawyer, contact the family law and divorce law firm of Mysti Murphy at 210-807-8227. You can also contact us by e-mail. Learn how we can help you void a marriage in a consultation.
Does Your Marriage Qualify for Annulment?
Annulments are only available for marriages that meet certain requirements. If you are considering an annulment, ask yourself these questions:
- Were you or your spouse under the age of 16 when you married?
- Were you married under the age of 18 without parental consent?
- Were you married for fewer than 30 days?
- Did you and your spouse have the mental capacity to agree to the marriage? Were you heavily under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
- Did you or your spouse use fraud, threats or deception to force the marriage?
- Did you meet all the religious requirements for a marriage?
With more than two decades of experience on our side, we can explain the requirements for annulment in detail and help make a decision on whether it is best for you. Our goal is to help you move forward from this difficult time with clear expectations.
Call for a Consultation With a Texas Lawyer
Contact us today to discuss annulments with an experienced attorney. We serve people in San Antonio and the surrounding areas of Texas.
Weekend and evening hours are available by appointment. Credit cards are accepted.